Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Introduction

I've never been good with introducing myself. Whether it's in class, at a job interview, or to people in general, I always find myself struggling to think of the perfect way to explain who I am, or as it is in most cases, "what" I am.

That being said, I guess I'll give it the good old fashioned college try:

I'm silly and immature. I swear I'm a kid at heart due to my love of coloring, animated anything, and pillow forts. I love to laugh, and even though I pretend that I am, I know I'm really not that funny.

Dancing and singing outrageously in my car is a favorite pastime of mine, and although I laugh when I see others doing it while I'm driving, my car is my personal club and I take my time there quite seriously. Anyone who has ever driven with me for any extended amount of time knows this, and they've learned to accept it for what it is.

Sports are my life. I always preach not to get too emotionally invested in something that you have absolutely no control over, but I can't take my own advice when it comes to football, baseball, basketball, hockey... pretty much any athletic competition, actually. Sports are something that I understand, love, and find great comfort in, regardless of my team's record or standing. Through the wins and the losses, I love my boys and that won't ever change.

I'm emotional and I fight hard, but love so much harder. I have a fierce temper, but it's more than difficult to make me as mad as I can be. I fight for things I firmly believe in, and although I'm stubborn, if you try hard enough, it IS possible for me to change my mind. That being said, if you find yourself in my good graces, you will receive love and friendship like you could only imagine. Although I have my selfish moments, I like to think that I'm mostly a selfless person and I put my family and friends before myself on a daily basis. I love to know that I'm loved, and I want everyone who is important to me to know exactly how much they mean to me at every moment. Life is too short to do anything else.

I'm ambitious and I work hard when I know what I want, which, unfortunately, isn't that often. I'm indecisive, but that's due to my strong desire to make the people I love happy.


WELP. That probably wasn't exactly what you were expecting as an introduction. It wasn't the typical, "Hello, my name is....", but I'm not anywhere close to a cookie cutter person, as anyone who has spent time with me could tell you.



No comments:

Post a Comment